Training Terms and Conditions
At Home Fitness Ltd (“we” or “us”) operates as a licence company, where personal trainers within the brand operate as independent At Home Fitness licensees (“they” or “them” or “the trainer”). When you (“the Client”) receives personal training services provided by an At Home Fitness licensee, you are entering into a contract with them. This document explains the nature and details of that contract.
Client / trainer agreement
- The Trainer will use their skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise that will take into account the your personal goals, fitness levels and exercise likes and dislikes.
- The Trainer will provide the coaching, supervision advice and support that you may need to help you achieve your goals. Your progress will be regularly monitored and the programme revised and adjusted accordingly.
- All of your information will be kept strictly private and confidential. If the Trainer requires further medical information from a practitioner, you must provide such details. It is your right to deny this information to them, but in doing so they would not be able to deliver their service to you.
- It is understood between you and Trainer that both will commit to the programme and give 100% effort.
- You are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Clothes should be loose fitting and non-restrictive. Footwear should be comfortable and provide adequate support.
Cancellation and late session policy
- You are required to provide 24 hours’ notice in the event of a cancellation.
- Notice of less than 24 hours will incur full payment of the session fee unless otherwise agreed by you and the Trainer.
- Cancellations, where 24 hours has been provided, will be added to the your account as ‘credits’, and are usable anytime within the following 90 days.
Payments & refunds policy
- To use At Home Fitness services, you are required to register your payment details on our (At Home Fitness Ltd) third party payment management system.
- Unless otherwise agreed, your account and payments will be managed by your Trainer, who will take responsibility for all payments made.
- Unless otherwise agreed, weekly slots will be reserved for you, provided you have paid in advance for your personal training sessions, defined within the scope of these terms and conditions.
- You can change or pause your payments at any time, provided you give at least one week’s notice
- If you decide to cancel or pause your payment, any remaining or unused sessions will be available to use anytime within the following 90 days, after which they will automatically expire.
- All monies paid are non-refundable.
Personal training disclaimer
It’s our commitment to ensure that each of Trainers delivers a safe and effective service, appropriate to your goals and physical fitness. However, please be aware that by beginning personal training sessions, you are entering into a physical activity programme at your own risk.
By choosing to participate in personal training sessions, you (the participant) accept that you are undertaking and engaging in the sessions at your own risk.
- Please use common sense and always seek the guidance of a medical professional before taking part in any form of sport or physical activity.
- If you have any medical conditions, injuries or disabilities that may affect your ability to participate in personal training sessions, you should seek medical advice and get written confirmation from your GP for your suitability to take part, before participating.
- Please be aware that, for your safety, it is your responsibility to make your trainer aware of any conditions, injuries or disabilities prior to participating in personal training sessions.
What personal training programmes consist of
I understand that this programme may include exercises to:
- Build the cardiorespiratory system (heart and lungs)
- Build the musculoskeletal system (including muscular endurance, strength and flexibility) and
- Improve body composition (increasing muscle and bone and decreasing body fat)
Exercise might include:
- Aerobic activities – such as walking, running, using cardio equipment and other aerobic activities
- Weight lifting – using dumbbells, resistance bands and other equipment to improve muscular strength and endurance and
- Flexibility exercises – to improve joint range of motion
Potential risks and disclaimer
By entering into this personal training programme you are hereby agreeing to the following statements:
- I understand that the reaction of the heart, lungs, blood vessels as well as other systems to exercise cannot always be predicted with accuracy.
- I know there is a risk of certain abnormal changes occurring during the following exercise, which include abnormalities of blood pressure or heart attacks as well as other side effects.
- I understand that use of weight lifting equipment and engaging in heavy body-weight training may lead to musculoskeletal strains, pain and injury if adequate warm-up, gradual progression, and safety procedures are not consistently followed.
- I understand that the trainer will not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries sustained during and/or from a personal training program, and that I enter into this personal training programme at my own risk. I assume full responsibility for any injuries or damages which may occur during and/or after training.
I hereby fully and forever release and discharge At Home Fitness and its licensed personal trainers, from all claims, demands, damages, rights of action, present and future therein.
If you have any questions or concerns about your health and safety, or the health and safety of those you are responsible for, who are entering into a personal training programme, please speak to your trainer or contact the Head Team at [email protected].